Monday 17 February 2014

Khao San Road is no longer for me.

I just left Nepal, and one thing really sticks in my mind from my second visit: whilst going over the usual traveller chatter the question was brought up of who'd been or who was going to India. I had previously spent time, and cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone. So, as I was spreading my love for the country, a friend had mentioned that he had no intentions of going to India. Why? There are too many terrible things one could see. While there are some disturbing sights, these terrible things will continue to go on whether or not you decide to expose yourself to the realities. Good and bad only exist together. Without comparison, what would we have? Simply what is now. The weather, for example, is the silliest thing to discuss. There is no good or bad weather. I feel quite ridiculous that I need to say this, but a little piece of me dies when people waste time talking of such Tom-foolery.

"i'm trying to sleep, quit smiling" i say
the folds of her cheek forming my face
i lie discontent, holding back a beam.

This I will miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment